Sunday, December 28, 2014

One-layer Card, What?!

Yeah. That's right. You read that title right: I made a one-layer card. ANNND I like it. Say whaaaat?!

I saw this image from the current Runway Inspired Challenge: 


and I immediately had an idea pop into my brain. I love it when that happens!

I'm also eking into the STAMPlorations current challenge, which is Designer's Choice (you have to choose one of their past challenges and bring it back to life). I chose the challenge from April 2014, which was "Stamps and Favorite Technique".

This morning my hands started shaking, and my eye started twitching, and I had the sudden urge to tear up papers, which could only mean one thing: I was going into Distress Ink withdrawal. The only cure was to ink up my mat and show off my favorite technique: Distress Ink dipping. 

I inked my mat with Wild Honey, Scattered Straw, and Spiced Marmalade and then spritzed with water until all of my colors began to bleed together. 


I liked how the Escada frock used a burst of color in the center, but still left some white space, so I went for that look when I dipped.


Over the top, I used the STAMPlorations Trendy Leaves set and stamped in varying shades of colors, switching up my leaf placement. I layered and layered and then used Vintage Photo to add a hint of brown. Last but not least, I used the Thank you Sentiment Builder and the Bloom Sketches from STAMPlorations to build my own sentiment, which I embossed in Rusty Hinge powder.


So, yeah. One layer. Me. *Pat, pat, pat*
This is off to my Grandma Carol, who just lost her mother-in-law.

I'm also going to support the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and follow my blog and I'll be sure to return the favor.

29 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty, Becca! Love these warm colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful. All the rich colors and the leaves are very nice all different directions. I like how you left the white space for your sentiment! Glad you are back in action!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out fabulous Becca, love the colours and technique. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the way you blended the inks and left the white space, Becca! What a wonderful interpretation of the runway challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The damsel of DISTRESSED makes a one-layer card? And a gorgeous one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness--this is truly a winner, Becca! Stunning creation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Becca! Wonderful background and beautiful stamping! The one-layer cards are tough (for me) - you've got a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning one layer, Becca! I love the autumnal color palette and the leaf stamp is one of my STAMPlorations faves... Great job! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Becca - a stunning card - a beautiful design and colour scheme with fabulous inking and stamping!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Wishing you all the best for the New Year
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ADORE this! Go you with the one layer that no WAY looks like one layer!!! Very clever:) LOOOVE that technique...& had forgotten about it, so Taa for the reminder:)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Be careful this is a beautiful one layer card, with such lovely autumnal colours x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, you certainly rocked that challenge! Fabulous card, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card, one layer ideas are so useful to have in the back of your mind, great for emergencies. The quirky JoFY stamps do well with one layers if you get into it more. Have a fab New Years Becca xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. GORGEOUS interpretation of the RIC!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much depth and all in one lovely layer. This is absolutely stunning and so absolutely pinned Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is striking! I love how you layered the leaves and the white on the edge just set off for the saying-she will be so happy to receive such a special card

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is FABULOUS!!! I LOVE the colors you used and how you did that fun technique. The layered leaves over the top of that background are the icing on the cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous one layer card! Love the depth you've created with your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This turned out really beautiful!! I love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Go you! Fabulous interpretation of RIC and a joy to see in the STAMPLorations gallery. Happy 2015 to you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this Becca, I might just have to indulge in a set of those leaf stamps!
    Wishing you a healthy and prosperous New Year and thanks for the lovely comments on my blog, :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Excellent work on managing a OLC with all that inkiliciousness and depth! You have a ton of talent, Becca!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Becca what a beauty, love the fabulous BG and the stamping on it :) thank you for sharing with STAMPlorations

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous ink blending! Thanks for strutting your stuff with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is totally gorgeous!! I'm sorry it's for such a sad reason, but it's beautiful & so appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  26. One layer cards are always challenging, and you made an awesome one! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Now, see this is why your such a success. That, my dear, is an AWESOME one-layer card. Perfect for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete